I rarely make New Year’s resolutions but for some reason I feel the need to make a few this year. So here it is…
- Lose 10 lbs. I know this is THE most popular resolution in fat America, but after gorging on wine and cheese and yummy food since my trip to New York in August I feel the need to cleanse my system of 10 lbs. I haven’t gained 10 lbs, only about 5. But if I lose 10 it’ll give me room to add a few occasionally. And I live in Hollywood where size 6 is a crime. If I lived in Kansas, I might be the skinny bitch on the block. But I live in Los Angeles, the land of the pretty, skinny people. Many of these pretty and skinny people work out at my gym. In fact, it feels like there are only skinny people at the gym. I get really excited during the month of January when I’m not the only size 6 in spinning class. (Note to Jennifer Love Hewitt, you’re fabulous but you’re no size 2)
- Pay off credit cards and stop spending soooooooooo much money. My problem is that I spend money on stupid things. I don’t even know where it goes. I know that I make plenty of money to pay off my last remaining credit card debt, but I keep feeling the urge to shop. I think of shopping as retail therapy. I also think of shopping as my patriotic duty to help the economy. But I need to be strong. And stop spending so much money every time I walk into Target to get my Grande Soy Misto. (Target is located across the street from my job, and it has the closest coffee location). So now I’ve decided to bring my own coffee to work and brew my own coffee to avoid a trip to Starbucks and Target.
- Learn how to swim. I don’t know how to swim. I’m not scared of water, I’ve tried to learn, I just have a mental or physical block when it comes to swimming. I even paid for swimming lessons at the local YMCA. But the problem was the instructor was just too cute. Needless to say I didn’t pay too much attention to the swimming techniques. I was focusing more on the tight swimming trunks. I can float in the pool, on my back, but I can’t swim. But this year, I will learn how to swim. Hopefully before summer.
- Try to stay in a relationship for more than 2 months. This is going to take some work.
- Try to figure out what to do with my life. This is going to take A LOT of work. I need to figure out what I really want to do and go after it.