Last year I was feeling very ambitious and came up with 6 resolutions to accomplish throughout the year. At the end of the year, I had accomplished 3 out of 6.
Here are my accomplishments…
- Paid off credit cards. After putting myself on a financial diet for the first 6 months of the year, I finally paid off all my credit card debt.
- Traveled someplace new. I actually forgot about this resolution until I revisited my New Year’s Resolutions blog post from 2009 and realized that I had fulfilled this resolution by traveling to Paris, Houston and Kohler, Wisconsin!
- Was a tiny bit more patient. I had initially put this on my list of failed resolutions, but my therapist pointed out that traveling to a foreign country, and navigating the unknown, requires a certain amount of patience. I’m sure that some people would disagree. Like my best friend who’s always running late and I’m always calling her within 5 minutes of the time of arrival to see where she’s at. I’m sure she thinks I’m still very impatient. I’ve also been very patient in my personal life. In fact, I have been patiently kissing many, many frogs in search of prince charming. So there…
Now the miserable failures…
- Limit myself to 4 alcoholic beverages when I go out. I failed this one. Miserably. There were many nights of going out and having more than 4 alcoholic beverages. The problem is that sometimes my roommate and I would have couple of drinks at the apartment before we went out. Then we’d have a few more. Then someone would buy me a drink. And of course I don’t want to turn down a free drink. God might get mad and never send free drinks my way. So this is a resolution that I will try to keep this year. Actually, unlike last new year’s eve, this year I did not get ridiculously drunk. This year, I threw a party in my apartment and did not drink more than 4 drinks. I was a great little hostess. And was even nice to the girlfriend of a certain guy that I love. And for being so gracious, karma rewarded me in the form of a kiss from my hot neighbor at midnight!
- Learn how to swim. Didn’t happen. Will try again this year.
- Figure out what I want to do with my life. My therapist told me that people spend a lifetime to figure this one out. Now I feel less pressure about this one. I do know that I want to be successful, happy, healthy and wealthy. And I’d love to be the CEO of a major entertainment company. I think I’m off to a good start on this one.
On to a new year. Still finalizing the list of what I want to accomplish this year.
I like the four drinks rule. I will give this a try, but the tricky thing is shots – do shots really count as drinks? I think not…
Mikey!!! You’re here!
Shots are tricky little bastards. I say, anything that comes in a package smaller than 3 inches, shouldn’t count.